First off, Happy Birthday to my dear wife!! While we weren't really able to plan something to celebrate, it was nonetheless a fun fun time.
Before I tell the story though, understand that the little girl is really bad at keeping surprises a secret.
The story starts off in a not-so-good note, a few days before her birthday. After an emergency check-up, we were advised by the doctor to take things slow and that she be on bed-rest for the next few days. (Baby's ok now and doctor gave the green light already so no worries) This gave me an excuse to do our weekly groceries by myself and try to get her a gift she's been eyeing. As I was sorting out the plan in my head, Vivian then declares, 'oohh I wanna go I wanna go'. There goes the plan, I thought.
Hoping for the best, Viv and I left the house and then I let her join-in on the plan - emphasizing to keep things quiet over and over and over again. We ended up buying three separate gifts. We got home, gifts hidden with the groceries, and Vivian came up to her mum and passed with flying colors. No 'knowing smiles', no 'uncontrollable giggling'... she was calm and perfect - nobody would know something was up.
The entire afternoon went without a hitch, but I could see in her eyes she was growing impatient with the plan - give all the gifts on her mum's birthday the following day. So I gave in, I told her ok let's give one gift now and still keep the other two a secret and give those the next day. As soon as it was agreed, she jumps up, grabs the gift and runs to her mum. She excitedly gave the gift and yells, happy birthday!!! and successfully surprises her mommy. Unfortunately, she didn't stop there, she continues on with a complete account of our day... from the shop to the groceries and to wrapping...and she led off with, 'oh yeah, we bought you three gifts but we're going to give it to you tomorrow, ok?' We all laughed our heads off for a good long while.
Hoping for the best, Viv and I left the house and then I let her join-in on the plan - emphasizing to keep things quiet over and over and over again. We ended up buying three separate gifts. We got home, gifts hidden with the groceries, and Vivian came up to her mum and passed with flying colors. No 'knowing smiles', no 'uncontrollable giggling'... she was calm and perfect - nobody would know something was up.
The entire afternoon went without a hitch, but I could see in her eyes she was growing impatient with the plan - give all the gifts on her mum's birthday the following day. So I gave in, I told her ok let's give one gift now and still keep the other two a secret and give those the next day. As soon as it was agreed, she jumps up, grabs the gift and runs to her mum. She excitedly gave the gift and yells, happy birthday!!! and successfully surprises her mommy. Unfortunately, she didn't stop there, she continues on with a complete account of our day... from the shop to the groceries and to wrapping...and she led off with, 'oh yeah, we bought you three gifts but we're going to give it to you tomorrow, ok?' We all laughed our heads off for a good long while.

No comments:
Post a Comment