As mentioned in previous blogs, I've been out here in the desert for quite some time now. safe to say, in any given month, I am mostly here rather than back at Muscat home base. Its been hard not just for me but also for the family. All in all, its a risk... for them, me not being nearby is a risk; for me, being out here, working amongst all of these production stations is also a risk. We all make sacrifices for our families...for the betterment of life on the whole. Knowing my family has Filipino friends to run to in cases of emergencies helps me sleep at night. Knowing I have (Omani) friends around me, helps me in my work albeit difficult (to say the least) working conditions. I will forever be grateful and truly count these as blessings.
I had the privilege of attending a safety meeting yesterday. Its a monthly meeting held between our customer and the various contractors under their guidance. It discusses all of the incidents and accidents that had occurred the past month and bring up learning points to avoid such accidents. These incidents vary from the small stitched cut on a finger all the way up to vehicle crashes and collisions. Mind, these aren't just cautionary tales. These are actual incidents that make you really hone in and pay attention. At the very least, it just makes you realize your own mortality... and sometimes, that's enough an outcome. To just make you pay attention to your surroundings; to just make you wary of things around you.
Looking forward to a long needed break... lying down on our bed with my family is all the rest that I need. well maybe after a good movie...
Looking forward to a long needed break... lying down on our bed with my family is all the rest that I need. well maybe after a good movie...

No comments:
Post a Comment