/ Bearing Down: fantasy books....

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

fantasy books....


About a year ago, I wrote about the Deverry saga I had started reading. I've finished off its thirteenth book, Spirit Stone (thanks to Erik!) and am trying find a way to get the fourteenth, Shadow Isle. Unfortunately, I am having a difficult time getting it - need to find someone who'll buy me one off of a UK rack. So, while I am awaiting the 'final' book, I've decided to branch out.

I've now started on the World of Time saga, by Robert Jordan, per Chaz' recommendations. Twelve books in all and I am just on the second book, The Great Hunt. Stark contrasts, different storytelling styles, a few similarities in references used and worldly (or non-worldly) concepts. Simply put, I am enjoying it. I am amazed by the books and I am in awe (and envy) of people who can write like this. Sigh....

4 comments:

chaz said...

haha! You'll get sucked in by those books, I promise you. As for me, I haven't had the time to read any good ones lately. Kakainggit ka. :)

bongu said...

hehe sucked-in is right. I'm trying to tear myself away (if only temporarily), I need to start studying for recerts plus taking a cisco class right now in dubai. (thess and viv are with me btw) hope you find the time again... another upside for me is mas lalong na-eenganyo si viv magbasa on her own.

chaz said...

You still in Dubai? From flickr looks like you guys are having a great time! :)

bongu said...

nope. got back last thursday night. mall hopping yung mag-ina. hehe.