
Tuesday night, while getting ready for bed, we were surprised by a strong whirling sound outside our place. It was then accompanied by wood and metal sounds being dragged about . So we first thought it was coming from the nearby highway construction, from equipment going berzerk. To our surprise, the winds were really gusting outside throwing things about. Ten minutes later came the splat-splat-splat of raindrops. Unbelievable...it was raining really hard in Muscat. If I remember right, last time it rained (somewhat) like this was around September of '07, a few months after Gonu. Needless to say, Vivian was so happy with the rain and kept looking out the window.
For only the second time since I moved here, I had to use an umbrella - whoopee!! Vivian still went to school the morning after (later on we heard other schools had decided to cancel classes for the day) and along the way, we saw bent steel girders, newly installed traffic lights crashed down and moderate floods. Havoc aside, the rains are always welcome for us - in some way reminds us of home and there that something in the way wet earth smells...
For only the second time since I moved here, I had to use an umbrella - whoopee!! Vivian still went to school the morning after (later on we heard other schools had decided to cancel classes for the day) and along the way, we saw bent steel girders, newly installed traffic lights crashed down and moderate floods. Havoc aside, the rains are always welcome for us - in some way reminds us of home and there that something in the way wet earth smells...

No comments:
Post a Comment